Here at Hive, a premiere home automator in Tampa Bay, we believe in open and honest communication. Hive’s committed to completing your project at the price we provided to you from the start. We know that no one likes unpleasant surprises, especially when it comes to finances.
At your Swarm Meeting, your project manager will go over the “No Surprises Promise” with you. This way, everyone present is on the same page about all possible delays that could occur, and how Hive goes about handling them. To combat these worries, we’ve created the “No Surprises Promise”. This policy is to make you aware of the events that often result in a price increase during a new installation.
The “No Surprises Promise”
Due to the nature of construction, several things could cause a delay. Our work is based on a time and materials basis. This means that Hive charges based on time of labor and the cost of materials.
While we can’t anticipate all delays, we can prepare. In our 12 years of experience, Hive has created an extensive list of the most common delays found in home automation.
Our most frequent delays are often due to an area of the home or business being inaccessible. These areas reveal themselves as early as our initial walkthrough, or later during the installation process. This includes:
- Installation areas, such as crawl spaces, attics, or closets, are inaccessible or deemed unsafe.
- Client-provided contractors delay Hive’s installation schedule.
- Fire blocking or other hidden in-wall obstructions prevent or delay wire fishing or other related installation services.
- The client has missing, inadequate, or inappropriately located electrical outlets to complete the installation.
- Note: Hive will not be responsible for any electrical work (as we are not licensed for high voltage). Hive will, upon request, provide a referral for the electrical repairs from a licensed and insured electrician.
Should a problem like the above occur, the project manager will reach out to the client to discuss how to combat the inaccessible areas.
Other Common Delays
Other common delays are due to equipment, whether it be compatibility issues or a problem shipping to the warehouse. Our No Surprises Promise covers these instances as well, including:
- Integrating client-owned equipment takes longer than anticipated.
- Existing devices and/or wiring are defective, improperly configured, or incompatible with new system hardware.
- Client requests additional programming or personalization beyond the initial agreement.
- TV, internet, and/or phone services are not active or the associated hardware (i.e. cable boxes, router, etc.) is not installed or delivered before Hive’s scheduled installation date.
- Note: If the service provider is not able to activate the applicable services, it is the client’s responsibility to notify Hive’s scheduling department at 813-938-1585 ext. 224 before 5 p.m. the day before the scheduled installation date.
- A customer-provided network presents complications, delays, or the inability to complete our installation.
- Clients are not present at the time of project completion for user training and project sign-off.
If any of the above delays occur, Hive contacts the client immediately to solve the problem. This could be as simple as rescheduling an appointment, or more complex like reorganizing the plan and altering systems.
Please Note: During installation, access holes may need to be cut in walls or ceiling to run wiring. Hive will not be responsible for the application of patching compound, sanding, or painting. Hive will, upon request, provide a referral for the repairs from a licensed and insured repair company.
What Happens Now?
Now that you understand our policy a little better, we can find ways to prevent these issues.
Your trust is important to us. You can find a handy PDF version of the policy here. If you have any questions about our No Surprises Promise, then you can contact us at (813) 575-HIVE or reach out through our contact page.