Department: 6 Marketing Division
Please note this position is based in Tampa*
Hive is a fast growing company with lots of room for growth. We specialize in home and commercial automation also known as smart home technologies. We build custom systems that can include but are not limited to TV’s, speakers, entertainment spaces, theaters, security systems, all and any other gadgets that can be added to automate ones environment.
We provide our clients with high end, quality merchandise and one of kind spaces designed to fit their needs. Come “bee” part of our swarm and see what all the buzz is about.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Are you our future content manager?
We’re looking for an all-star content manager to join our growing team as the owner of our content marketing initiatives across all digital platforms and formats. Your goal is singular and will be the beating heart of our business – to help us drive qualified traffic, leads, and sales digitally by establishing our company as the #1 authority in The A/V Industry!!
Our content manager must be a passionate brand storyteller with a journalist’s mindset, as well as an obsession for content performance, reporting, and analytics.
The right candidate will also possess the heart of a teacher with a love for learning, writing, and communication in all forms. Most of all, they will see the value in every person on our team and put them at ease, empowering them to tell their stories and share their expertise with our audience.
What your typical week will look like:
- Publication of three or more new pieces of content, be it text (blog articles), video, or audio (podcasts).
- Interviewing internal subject matter experts for content.
- Company email marketing efforts, including newsletters, automated workflows, and so on.
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for website and content.
- Social media for community engagement and long-term content promotion.
- Premium content production, including ebooks, webinars, etc.
- Creating landing pages and other lead generation assets.
- General website updates and enhancements, e.g. new pages and calls-to-action placement.
- Professional development and continued education in relevant areas (e.g., HubSpot certifications).
A degree in English, Journalism, and Public Relations is highly preferred but not mandatory. Commensurate experience will be considered.
Skills and Required Knowledge:
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language.
- An understanding of common editorial style guides, e.g. AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist is a bonus. Great at telling a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing.
- Incredible people skills.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
This is a Full-Time hourly position with a minimum of 40 hours per week in the office, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm at our showroom location on Willow Avenue.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with or without notice. It is expected that this position work to achieve the goals of the organization, whether specific duties are mentioned or not.
While performing the duties of this job you will be sitting for periods of up to 2 hours at a time, looking at computer screens and talking on the phone. You may also drive to different job sites as needed to meet clients and will join networking groups and be in social situations.