Reports To: Production Manager
Carrying out on-site programming in an efficient and professional manner that carries the company image. While also performing training and managerial type functions for other programmers.
The responsibilities of the Technician is to properly program all Hive equipment in accordance with Hive protocols.
Duties Will Include:
- Read and understand plans and diagrams for the project.
- Ensure all tools, materials and equipment needed for the project are in company vehicle.
- Read and understand manufacturer’s instructions and manuals related to the programming.
- Program all product as per manufacturer’s instructions and clients plans.
- Quality controls installation to ensure everything works accurately.
- Complete all programming by priority.
- Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; maintaining supplies; and reported necessary maintenance as needed.
- Maintain appropriate level of inventory on truck; conducts semi-annual physical count of inventory.
- Follow safety procedures by wearing protective clothing and gear.
- Maintain proper notes and admin on projects and file in project folder and in I point.
- Document installation actions by completing forms.
- Keep notes on what has been done on each job.
- File client ticket once service is complete.
- Record time and materials used on the job.
- Maintain company vehicle as per Hive policies.
- Maintain communication with Project Manager to keep him informed of project progress.
- Work with Warehouse Coordinator to ensure needed materials and equipment are properly predicted for so no wasted production minutes.
Education and/or Experience:
- Has High School Diploma or GED, and Control 4 certified.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Be able to work quickly under pressure without supervision.
- Be able to understand technical diagrams and manuals.
- Has a good knowledge of home automation and technology.
- Be aware of electrical, mechanical and chemical health and safety issues.
- Be physically fit and understand appropriate lifting techniques.
- Possess a clean driving license.
Must be able to speak and write in English. Must have above average communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to drive from job site to job site. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is required to climb and balance. Requires working in cramped workspaces and getting into awkward positions. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Will work on site at different locations, at times will be very hot and humid in cramped spaces.
This is a full time hourly position with a minimum of 40 hours per week. Must be available evenings, weekends and holidays in case of emergency.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with or without notice. It is expected that this position work to achieve the goals of the organization, whether specific duties are mentioned or not.