Finance Bookkeeper’s Assistant
Reports to: Director of Finance, and Vp Of Administration
The purpose of the Finance Bookkeeper assistant is to maintain the company’s financial status through proper execution of accounting principles, practices and procedures alongside the Director of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance Bookkeeper is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance in completion of general ledger management, account reconciliation, financial reporting, accounts receivable and accounts payable and all monthly, quarterly and year-end audit preparations and reports.
Duties will include:
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing Hive policy, protocols and procedures.
- Interacts positively and exudes professional behavior and communications with employees, clients, and vendors to foster and support kindness in the workplace.
- Reviews reconciliations to ensure they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items.
- Produce weekly and monthly financial statements including balance sheets, profit/loss statements, weekly flash report, and accumulative general ledger using QuickBooks.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close of all financial reports to CPA and Owners.
- Provides Owners with various payroll reports
- Proper record keeping of all vacation and PTO time for employees.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts, and prepare related journal entries.
- Conducts routine bank audits.
- Processes monthly tax payment online (sales taxes).
- Works with CPA to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in developing budgets, legal compliance, tracking budget expenses, accounting, managing processes, reporting research results and above all attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience in developing training programs, HR processes, reporting on sensitive issues to C-level and executives.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast pace setting and a good ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must have strong experience with QuickBooks, Outlook, Word and Excel.
Must speak English. Must have solid written and verbal communication skills, ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality, strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff are essential to successfully carry out the duties of this position. Excellent ability to communicate. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees.
While performing the duties of this job, You will be sitting for periods up to 5 hours at a time, looking at computer screens.
Share work environment.
This is a Part-Time hourly position with a minimum of 35 hours per week in the office, Monday to Thursday 12:00Pm to 6:00pm at the Willow Address, Friday 7:30am-5pm at our warehouse location on La Salle.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with or without notice. It is expected that this position work to achieve the goals of the organization, whether specific duties are mentioned or not.
This job description has been authorized by Hive Ownership. Employee signature below constitutes an employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the positions. Job performance reviews will be conducted annually.
Employee Printed Name