Reports to: Director of Sales
The purpose of the Sales Associate is to sell Hive home automation products by identifying client needs, fully designing the project and customizing proposals to fit their vision.
The Sales Associate is responsible for all sales activities from lead generation, prospecting, design stage and through to close.
Duties will include:
· Develop new business through meeting new builders and realtors, networking events and contacting related businesses.
· Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects.
· Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communication and conducting follow up communication in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
· Work with the Marketing Director to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
· Manage data for new and prospective clients within iPoint and Soapbox, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
· Assess customer needs and provide assistance and information on product features.
· Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options and warranty options.
· Respond to client’s requests and concerns in a resourceful manner.
· Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, etc.
· Actively cross sell and up sell products.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshop classes, studying manufacturing videos and publications.
· Build productive trust relationships with clients.
· Work with client to design the product.
· Maintains client information in iPoint and ensure accurate and updated at all times.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Interacts positively and exudes professional behavior and communications with employees, clients, and vendors to foster and support kindness in the workplace.
· Maintains quality of service by following Hive policy, protocols and procedures.
· Keep management Informed of current trends, issues, problems and activities in order to remain current and relevant.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
● High School Diploma or GED.
● Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales quotas.
● Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
● A proven track record of strong client relationships.
● Excellent client service skills.
● Past audio visual sales experience.
● Must be dependable, well organized and work under pressure.
● Excellent interpersonal and good people skills. Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
● A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
Above average communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to close business deals successfully by means of excellent negotiations skills and an innovative and persuasive character. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Have good networking skills and have the ability to deal with a wide variety of clients/builders. Ability to explain product features and benefits in comparison to competing brands. Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
While performing the duties of this job, will be sitting for periods up to 4 hours at a time, looking at computer screens and talking on phone. Will drive to job sites as needed to meet clients and will join networking groups and be in social situations.
Shared office environment with clients and employees in and out. While out on job sites will be exposed to varying degrees of weather.
This is a full-time commission based position with a minimum of 40 hours per week. Must be available evenings, weekends and holidays to meet with clients.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with or without notice. It is expected that this position work to achieve the goals of the organization, whether specific duties are mentioned or not.
Drug testing is required.