Technician and Technician Assistant
Hive needs all levels of low-voltage experience starting from light construction experience to advanced job lead or crew manager.
Reports to: Director of production
Carrying out on-site installations in an efficient and professional manner that carries the company image.
The responsibility of the Technician is to properly install all Hive equipment in accordance with Hive protocols.
Duties will include:
- Read and understand plans and diagrams for the project.
- Ensure all tools, materials and equipment needed for the project are in company vehicle.
- Read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions and manuals related to the installation.
- Locate all points of equipment installation.
- Professionally create access points for the installation.
- Install all products as per manufacturer’s instructions and clients plans.
- Termination and routing of category, coaxial, speakers and related low voltage communications cabling.
- Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; maintaining supplies; and reported necessary maintenance as needed.
- Follow safety procedures by wearing protective clothing and gear.
- Maintain proper notes and admin on projects in Hive’s iPoint database.
- Document installation actions by completing forms.
- Record time and materials used on the job.
- Maintain company vehicle as per Hive policies.
- Maintain communication with Project Manager to keep him informed of project progress.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Has High School Diploma or GED.
- Familiarity with construction is a plus.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Be able to work quickly under pressure without supervision.
- Be able to understand technical diagrams and manuals.
- Has a good knowledge of home automation and technology.
- Be aware of electrical, mechanical and chemical health and safety issues.
- Be physically fit and understand appropriate lifting techniques.
- Possess a clean driving license.
Must be able to speak and write in English. Must have above average communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to drive from job site to job site. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is required to climb and balance. Requires working in cramped workspaces and getting into awkward positions. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Will work on site at different locations, at times will be very hot and humid in cramped spaces.
This is a full time hourly position with a minimum of 40 hours per week. Must be available evenings, weekends and holidays in case of emergency.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with or without notice. It is expected that this position works to achieve the goals of the organization, whether specific duties are mentioned or not.
This job description has been authorized by HIVE Group Owners. Employee signature constitutes an employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the positions. Job performance reviews will be conducted annually. Raises are dependent on your annual job performance review.